Imagine getting through life without ever having to dig for change or write a check. It doesn’t have to be a dream. Use your free PCSB Bank MasterCard® SHAZAMChek® debit card for all of your purchases — whether you are home or abroad. And this very same card is used to make ATM withdrawals and qualify for Kasasa® checking rewards.
- Use money from your checking account without having to write a check
- Welcome at places that won't accept checks
- Access to cash throughout the U.S. and around the world
- Free Falcon™ Fraud Protection — rest assured that suspicious transactions will be flagged to keep your account safe
- Joint account holders may each receive a card (no need to share one checkbook)
- Make withdrawals, transfers, inquiries, and deposits (where allowed) at ATM terminals
- Get cash back at participating merchants when using PIN debit
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash
- Authorization process limits your risk for lost or stolen cards
- Better way to track your purchases
- Receive receipts for every transaction
- Each transaction appears on your monthly statement
PCSB is converting all debit cards to EMV® chip cards for enhanced security on your debit card. You will receive a new EMV® chip card upon the expiration of your existing debit card.
Your new debit card will be equipped with a chip on the front and a magnetic stripe on the back. The EMV® chip stores account information more securely, and the technology itself can provide a reduction in card-present fraud resulting from counterfeit, lost or stolen cards. The magnetic stripe allows you to continue using it at stores without chip-enabled terminals.
When checking out at the retailer, you’ll either insert your chip card into the store’s terminal or swipe the magnetic stripe. If prompted to insert your chip card, look for a slot on the bottom-front of the terminal and insert your card face up, chip first. Leave your card in the terminal until the transaction is complete. The terminal will prompt you to either enter a PIN or sign to validate your identity. Once finished, don’t forget to take your card when prompted.
View EMV® chip card FAQs for more information
PCSB Bank SHAZAM ATM cards allow you access to your account when you need it. Bank when it’s convenient for you: get cash, check account balances, transfer money, make deposits, and more.
- Free with your PCSB Bank savings or checking account
- No ATM surcharges at PCSB Bank ATMs
- No ATM surcharges at SHAZAM Privileged Status ATMs — there are over 3,300 ATMs in 23 states
- Accepted at ATMs with SHAZAM or Cirrus symbols
MasterCard SecureCode is a private code for your SHAZAMChek debit card that you can use when you're shopping online. Only you and your financial institution know what your code is — retailers aren't able to see it. Enroll your debit card today in MasterCard SecureCode and get enhanced security for your online purchases.
At PCSB, providing you with important information regarding your account is a high priority. Mastercard® recently introduced the Automatic Billing Updater (ABU) service as a convenience for Mastercard® cardholders. While this is a convenient service, Mastercard® requires our participation. We will begin submitting card updates to them as applicable when your debit card information changes.
HOW ABU WORKS
ABU extends the amount of time your account-on-file information is stored with your selected merchants. ABU will only work if your selected merchant is a participating merchant with Mastercard®. It will automatically update your debit card information, like the expiration date.
For example, let’s say you enrolled in recurring monthly payments to pay your electric bill with your debit card. As you know, we periodically replace your card and your new card has a fresh expiration date. Instead of contacting the electric company yourself to update your card information, your new expiration date will automatically be updated, if your electric company is a participating merchant.
Beginning November 2017, your card information will be automatically updated. If you would like to opt out of ABU, visit your local branch or contact us at (800) 432-0387 to prepare a form for your signature at your earliest convenience.
Are you taking an upcoming trip? Please fill out our Falcon® Travel Exclusion Form and notify PCSB Bank of your travel dates to ensure that your debit card does not get shut down on accident by FICO® Falcon Fraud Manager.
Protect yourself from fraud with card management services in our mobile app. Manage your card 24/7 and receive alerts when your debit card is used so you can quickly detect unauthorized or fraudulent activity, and take immediate action to protect your account. Card management allows you to:
- Block your debit card – If you have misplaced your card, you can temporarily block it and turn the card off while you look for it. Once you find it, simply turn it back on.
- Receive text or email alerts for:
- Purchases exceeding an amount you set
- Purchases made online
- Suspicious or high-risk purchases
- International purchases